Milan Bergamo (Orio al Serio) Airport has been a civil airport since 1970.
It did not, however, become an important airport for passenger travel until 2003 when Ryanair chose it as one of its major hubs.
Prior to 2003 the airport served charter flights and a few domestic routes.
Now, with the advent of low-cost travel, it is possible to travel to Europe’s primary locations from this airport.
Ryanair currently serves 50 destinations from Milan Bergamo airport.
Milan Bergamo airport official website: www.orioaeroporto.it
Milan Bergamo airport in numbers:
- Distance from the airport to Bergamo centre: about 5 Km.
- Distance from airport to Milan centre: about 45 Km.
- Passenger traffic in 2008: about 6.5 million.
Milan Bertgamo Airport transfer: Terravision operates 2 shuttle bus services from Milan Bergamo airport:
- Bus Milan Bergamo airport <-> Milan city centre
- Bus Milan Bergamo airport <-> Bolzano and other areas of the Dolomites.
Bergamo Airport transfer – Book now!