Bus Bari Airport – Bari City Center
Bus from Bari Airport to Bari City Centre
Journey time: 30 min
|Bari Airport||Bari City Center|
Definition of child: (4 to 12 years old) Definition of infant: (0 to 3 years old)
DID YOU KNOW?
Tickets are valid for all buses on the day.
If the name on the ticket does not correspond to the passenger name, the ticket is still valid.
See all the bus stops on the map here.
Children aged between 3 - 10 inclusive are booked as children.
tickets must be printed.
Bari Airport, also known as Bari Karol Wojtyla airport, is located approximately 11 km from the city centre. It is the main airport in the Italian region of Apulia (in Italian “Puglia”) and it offers direct flights towards the main Italian and European destinations.
In 2018 almost 5 million passengers passed through Bari airport.
Originally Bari airport was only as a military airfield and only in 1960 it started to operate as a civil airport, when the airline company Alitalia started offering connections to domestic destinations.
At that time a new air-strip was added.
In 1951 the new airport buildings which were initially meant to support only air cargo operations, became the principal infra-structure for the new passenger terminal.
In the last years, due to the increase of air traffic, the airport has been modified and enlarged to support passengers' needs.
CONNECTIONS FROM AND TO BARI AIRPORT:
Bari airport is well connected to the city centre through buses, trains and taxis.
Buses from Bari airport to city centre:
Bus Line 16 of AMTAB company AMTAB connects the airport to Bari's central station (Aldo Moro Square) in about 40 minutes.
However the connection is not direct as the bust stops several times before reaching the city centre.
Timetables Bari Airport – City Centre
• Working days: service operating every 60 minutes from 05.40am to 10.20pm
• Weekends and holidays: service operating every 60 minutes from 06.00am to 09.00pm
Other information on timetables and stops can be found at the following
Available Ticket options:
• Single ride ticket: 1,00€
• Ticket purchased on board and valid for 75 minutes: 1.50€
• Ticket valid for 90 minutes: 1.20€
• Daily ticket: 2.50€
• Booklet of 10 tickets: 9.00€
For those wishing to travel comfortably and save time, TERRAVISION (in collaboration with Autoservizi Tempesta) offers a bus service connecting Bari airport with the city centre in only 30 minutes. Tickets cost 4€ each way. Kids aged 0-2 travel free of charge (if booking online select “Baby”).
Before reaching the central station, the bus stops at:
• Via Quintino Sella, 119/121
• Piazza Garibaldi, 42
• Via Niccolò Piccinni, 105/107
• Via Andrea da Bari, 44
• Stazione centrale, Piazza Aldo Moro.
Timetables from and to Bari airport:
• Bari airport– Bari city centre: service operating from d 05:35am to 12:10am
• Bari city centre – Bari airport: operating from 05:10am to 8:30pm
Timetables can be found here
Advantages of this service:
• Fast service with few stops
• Free luggage
• Tickets purchasable online with no booking costs
• Tickets valid for any daily route
• Changeable travel dates
Tickets need to be printed and shown before departing.
The bus stop is locates outside the airport’s ARRIVALS area.
Train from the Bari airport to city centre:
A train service connects the airport to Bari central station. The journey takes 20 minutes and the trains has few stops.
Tickets cost 5€ and can be purchased online or at the specific machines found at the station.
Timetables from Bari airport:
• Monday to Saturday: service operating from 05:05am to 11:30pm
• Sundays and Holidays: service operating from 05:54am to alle 23:24pm
Trains are operated by Ferrotramviaria S.p.A, here
Taxis from Bari airport to city centre:
Bari taxi service has fixed fares which include all extra and supplements.
Route: Airport – Murat – S. Nicola – Libertà – Stazione Centrale : 23 € (fixed price).
Travel time is about 25 minutes depending on traffic.
The route from the airport to the industrial area starts from 15€, reaching Torre a Mare (the most distant neighbourhood from the airport) and costs approx 35€.
This airport, similarly to all other airports of this region, is particularly careful when it comes to security controls.
Before departing you will need to go through security controls: prepare your boarding pass and place your personal belongings in the specific baskets.
If you are carrying liquids, aerosol or any kind of gel you are required to put them in transparent plastic bags (max100ml).
If travelling with children please place games, medicines and specific newborn foods in the baskets. Medicines with medical receipt and specific foods are permitted.
Before departing please check what you are allowed to carry.
BARI AIRPORT SERVICES:
Bari airport services:
• Assistance services for passengers with reduced mobility;
• Free Wi-Fi;
• Meeting rooms with business area, Standard meeting room (max 8 people), sunshine room (max 20 people), green hall (conference room);
• VIP lounge with exclusive services;
• Fast Track service;
• Additional services: shops, restaurants, duty free, luggage deposit, ATMs, pharmacies, parking
Additional info can be found on the Airport website: