The Basilica of St. John in the Lateran, the Baptistery and the Cloister, the Sancta Santorum (Holy of Holies) and the Scala Sancta (Holy Stairs). Visit Saint John in Lateran, the oldest church in the Western world, “mother of all the Churches of Rome and worldwide”, home of the Popes for over 1,000 years until the 14th century.
Disponibili: every day, except Sunday and Vatican calendar holidays.
Meeting point: Roma Cristiana Desk inside St John’s Cathedral
Timetable: 09.00 am – 06.00 pm
Last entrance: 05.30 pm
Audio guide: The itinerary includes:
- Audio multimedia guide the complex Lateran
- Cloister entrance from 09.00 to 18.00 last admission 17:30
- Input Scala Santa and chapel of the Holy of Holies from 09.30 to 12.45 last admission 12.30 and from 15.00 to 17.15 last admission 17:00
An ID will be required for the audio guide.
The visit of the Basilica, the Cloister famous place of meditation and silence and the Baptistery, the first and only baptistery for centuries in Italy, founded by Pope Sixtus III and where, as the legend had it, Constantine I had been baptized. As well as the Scala Sancta, a destination for pilgrims around the world as it is said Jesus would have climbed the stairs during the Passion of Christ. You can also discover the Sancta Sanctorum, the private Chapel of the Popes which was opened to the public only recently.
Adult: € 10
Children (0-5): Free
Please select “infant” when booking for a child under 6.
How to book and use your tickets
- Book the city tour with Terravision.
- Print the voucher
- Exchange the voucher O.R.P. – Piazza Pio XII, 9 – Close to St. Peter’s Square. Open from Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 18:00 hrs.
- Enjoy the tour!
Where to exchange the vouchers
Exchange the voucher O.R.P. – Piazza Pio XII, 9 – Close to St. Peter’s Square.
Open every day:
Sundays and Holidays 9:00-13:00
In partnership with Opera Romana Cristiana
Open every day: 09:00 - 18:00
Tel: +39 06698961